cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need to turn a 4 digit number into a SIP URI on the expressway server

Robert3487
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a number that needs to be changed from XXXX to XXXX@domain.com. How would I do this, i seen the translation section on the expressway server and it seems pretty simple. Basically enter the string 1111 then add  suffix @domain.com. Is this enough to work or does there need to be matching search rules in place? Also do these rules need to be added to the vcs server as well? this pattern is only going outbound. 

1 Reply 1

Anurag Srivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

So you can do it in two ways-

1# Creating Transforms on VCS-C or E according to call flow.If your dialled number matches with Transform it will change the dialled number accordingly and then VCS-C/E will search for a search rule to send the call to desired destination.

2# Creating a search rule on VCS-C and E and point to target zone where you wanted to send the call. for example-

image.png

You can also test whether the pattern you made is correct or not by navigating to Maintenance -->Tools --> Check pattern

For more details regarding Transforms and search rules please refer the VCS admin guides (Under "About Transforms and Search Rules")-

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/admin_guide/Cisco-VCS-Administrator-Guide-X8-11-3.pdf

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful...