cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue adding MCU to TMS / unable to remove MCU from TMS

ahancock2309
Level 1
Level 1

I added an MCU 4501 (4.3) to TMS (14.1.1) but it did not show in the navigator tree but did show in the Purge Systems list.

I purged the system using TMS but when i try to re-add the MCU it states "System already exists as different system in TMS; System updated but not added to folder"

I have tried to change the IP Address, MCU Name, Hostname, H323 , SIP settings etc, these are reflected in the error message as the MCU name is changed.

Has anybody seen this issue before and how was it resolved?

8 Replies 8

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi friend,

You probably have automatic discover feature enable on TMS, that is why the MCU is being included on TMS automatically. Turn off SNMP on MCU or turn off automatic discovery feature on TMS. It should solve your problem.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi Paulo

Thanks for the response, sadly this has not resolved the issue. Auto discover is not enabled. I disabled SNMP on the MCU and added to TMS again, and the error message of "Problem updating the system with the new IP- ISDN-, and Time- Zone!" etc is still the one presented.

This seems to be an issue with the device not being purged by TMS.

Hi Adrian,

Is your TMS tracking the system by MAC Address or IP Address? You can find this configuration by going to system navigator, enter into MCU and going to "Connection" table.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Here lies the problem, it doesnt show in the System Navigator and it wont let me purge and start again....

Very frustrating

Adrian,

Try to add MCU using "from list" option. When you click on Add System, go to "From List", check if your MCUs appears on the list. If it appears you can add to the folder and then try to change configuration or purge. if it doesn't appear, you probably have a problem on your database! =/

Regards

Paulo Souza

Yes tried that and to no avail. Sadly i have to agree its the database.

Does anyone have experience in removing data directly from Database?

Did you consider the possiblity of upgrading?

Paulo Souza

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have seen this issue before. Please make sure that the TMS is configured with a default IP and ISDN zone on

Administrative Tools > Configuration > General Settings.

Purge any references to the MCU under Systems > Purge Systems, and then try to add it back to TMS.

- Zac Coltron