cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Joining a POTS call into a DX80 to DX80 video call

Robert Gartley
Level 1
Level 1

99 times out of a 100 I can find what I need just by searching the forum so I'm kind of surprised no one has seen this.

Equipment -

CUCM 8.6.2

DX80's running 10.2.(2)

We have a few DX80's in house. When they're talking among each other, it's great. One of the parties will then have a outside party (POTS) call them and then join the call. One would assume that the video call would stay active during this Join. When the 3rd pary comes in though, the video between the DX80's drop and then it becomes a 3-way audio call only.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Thanks,

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When the third party is added CUCM has to move it to a defined conferencing resource. If that resource is audio only, the call is then audio only. If you have MCU's or Telepresence Servers as conferencing resources then you could keep the video portion. The DX80 does not have the ability to add the audio call to the video call internally like the EX's can, it has to use a conferencing resource defined in CUCM. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When the third party is added CUCM has to move it to a defined conferencing resource. If that resource is audio only, the call is then audio only. If you have MCU's or Telepresence Servers as conferencing resources then you could keep the video portion. The DX80 does not have the ability to add the audio call to the video call internally like the EX's can, it has to use a conferencing resource defined in CUCM. 

Thanks for the comments but the issue is I cannot even get video with the person right next to me let along if someone call me from the PSTN.

I see you have a question open on that - it's a different question and a different problem than the one posted here. Let's not muddle up two separate issues, they are not the same. 

Sure, But this comment was sent as a response to my question. I guess because it had the word DX-80 in it.

Thanks for the verification Patrick. I was thinking it was something like this. I'm wondering if I can register my MCU to my CUCM 8.6(2) system and define a Conf Bridge media resource for these devices.