Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacement Part number of CTI-TMS-APL-K9

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hell guys,

I am trying to do a dynamic configuration on the TMS (CTI-TMS-APL-K9) and it seems to have gone end of life.

Does anyone know the repacement part number?

Please help so I can rate.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The software can be downloaded freely from our FTP server, but it's only a trial you need a releasekey in order to activate it. You can contact cisco sales in order to arrange this. This does not need a part number since software is it's not RMAed like the appliance if it breaks.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283613664&catid=280789323&softwareid=280886992&release=13.1.2&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

The server you have to arrange for your self. This can be a server of your choice, a regular windows 2003 or a 2008 server (HP/DELL/CISCO, VMWARE etc). So basically you just install the software on that server and you have a fully functioning TMS server. So I do not have a part number for this either. It's not something you can replace if it breaks, the server is the customers responsibility and if you need support on the software side you raise a case with TAC.

Best Regards

Magnus Ohm

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

This has not  been established yet. The Appliance will still be supported for several years to come as long as there is a service contract. End of life date is just the start of a long process, it's not like we are cutting the product of yet

More information will probably come out at a later time, unfortunately as I mentioned, information on a replacement is not established.

An alternative would be to get the software version of TMS and provide your own server.

/Magnus

Thanks Magnus,

But can you help with the correct part number for the for the software version of TMS and the correct server part number to use.

I will be very grateful.

Cheers

The software can be downloaded freely from our FTP server, but it's only a trial you need a releasekey in order to activate it. You can contact cisco sales in order to arrange this. This does not need a part number since software is it's not RMAed like the appliance if it breaks.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283613664&catid=280789323&softwareid=280886992&release=13.1.2&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

The server you have to arrange for your self. This can be a server of your choice, a regular windows 2003 or a 2008 server (HP/DELL/CISCO, VMWARE etc). So basically you just install the software on that server and you have a fully functioning TMS server. So I do not have a part number for this either. It's not something you can replace if it breaks, the server is the customers responsibility and if you need support on the software side you raise a case with TAC.

Best Regards

Magnus Ohm

Hi,

if the TMS has TMSagents and VCS, what procedure to replace old TMS  to new TMS, several times ago i tried this but replication on VCS failed.

Hello

What kind of error message you getting?

I assuming that new TMS has exactly same IP address and FQDN as the old one?

Regards

Rafal

Hi

It really depends on what kind of TMS you have, if you have the appliance or the software version of the TMS installed on your own server.

Not going into deep details here, here is the steps:

1. Backup your TMSAgent (Admin tools --> config --> TMSagent settings)

2. Disable replication with all the VCS's in TMS

3. Backup the TMSNG database in the SQL server using SQL management studio OR shut down the SQL services and find the tmsng.mdf and tmsng_log.ldf files located in the datafolder somewhere under program files and microsoft sql server. Copy them to a safe location. If you are using an external SQL server you don't need to do this if you are going to use the same SQL server.

4. Install TMS on the new server or setup the appliance.

5. Restore the TMSNG database on the local SQL server or connect the TMS to the external SQL server.

6. Restore the TMSagent backup that you took on the old server

7. Then enable replication to the VCS's after you have verified as rafal is mentioning the IP and FQDN (DNS settings). There is tons of things that can give you an error with replication here. But anyway I would not setup replication if I where you anyway. I would actually restore the TMSagent backup and leave it like that.

Then I would (after I verified that the Provisioning directory is working and has all the users) install the TMSPE (TMS Provisioning extension (Make sure your VCS is on 7.1 and TMS is on at least 13.2). Follow the documentation for migrating to the TMSPE. Then you never have to enable repliaction again

You can find links to documents by following this link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3624374#3624374

/Magnus Ohm