cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Screen Mount for Cisco Room Spark Kit

Anthony T
Level 5
Level 5

Does anyone know if the screen mount that is included for the Spark Room Kit is adequate for use in a mobile installation, on a cart?  I've not done an install yet with a Spark Room Kit, and haven't my hands on one to evaluate it myself.

I haven't been able to find a 3rd party mount kit that would work this way, or the CAD drawings required to get something fabricated.

Has anyone else done this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bumping over door sills and floor transition strips can be slightly improved with different wheels/tyres on your trolley.  We have one site where we need to run it over a bumpy paved brick courtyard and have put some softer and larger tyres on to the trolleys in that particular location so the equipment doesn't get shaken quite as much.

The thickness of the display can affect how the mount works, but they seem to be made for more of the modern/thinner displays rather than the old thick ones.

One issue we've had is the actual sizing of the screen and where the mount can fit on to the bolts in the back of the display.  We tried fitting one to a Samsung DC48E and found that the brackets couldn't be fitted low enough, requiring us to either modify them sightly, or put a spacer between the RoomKit and the top of the screen to get the endpoint to a suitable angle.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It depends on how rough your end users are, or what sort of terrain you're trying to roll it across.

It's reasonably good for smooth surfaces where the whole thing isn't getting vibrated too much, but I wouldn't go rolling it down a cobbled street.

An alternative could be to go with a Cisco Spark Room 55 which is designed to be rolled around a bit more.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I'm thinking of things like door sills and flooring transition strips.  I know that these had the ability to shake cameras quite badly over time with PTZ cams.

With the display mount, does the thickness of the display affect the suitability of the mount solution? I know the older monitor mounts for cameras didn't work as well for thin monitors (which are much more common now) than the thicker ones.

Bumping over door sills and floor transition strips can be slightly improved with different wheels/tyres on your trolley.  We have one site where we need to run it over a bumpy paved brick courtyard and have put some softer and larger tyres on to the trolleys in that particular location so the equipment doesn't get shaken quite as much.

The thickness of the display can affect how the mount works, but they seem to be made for more of the modern/thinner displays rather than the old thick ones.

One issue we've had is the actual sizing of the screen and where the mount can fit on to the bolts in the back of the display.  We tried fitting one to a Samsung DC48E and found that the brackets couldn't be fitted low enough, requiring us to either modify them sightly, or put a spacer between the RoomKit and the top of the screen to get the endpoint to a suitable angle.

Wayne

Thanks, Wayne.  It should be noted that the monitor we'll be using is in fact the Samsung DC48E, so that's important.  :-)

Hey Anthony,

I wouldn't see an issue with mounting the Spark room kit to a monitor/cart. It uses a similar (though not exact "blade"mount like the SX10 where there are thin  metal strips you align with the VESA bolt pattern on a monitor to the camera. instead of them coming from the center of the camera (like a Y), they go straight down more like an upside down U.

I'd say just go with a Spark room 55 wheel mount though and not worry about building a cart unless its going to save you a bunch of money.

m