Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 - Jabber Video with no video input

We are configuring a SX20 with H323 CallSetup Mode as Direct, that is there is no CUCM, the connection is using Internet, with static address, there is no bandwidth problem or firewall.   To make a test, I'm using Jabber Video with an account to jabber.com and this it's what it happen when initiating a call:

- If a initiate a call from SX20 to my Jabber Video, the call success with video and audio using H323

- If a initiate a call from Jabber Video to SX20, the call success with SIP but with no video input on both sites

Running software version TC6.0.0.876266.

What do I need to success with video using SIP??  What do I have to configure??

I appreciate any ideas that could help me for a solution.

Regards,

Juan Carlos Arias

2 Replies 2

I had found that to success with SIP calls, SIP functionanlity and features require SIP registrar and Proxy server, that is a VCS??  If there is no CUCM, does this work only with VCS??

Regards,

That is correct, It will work with VCS.

If you want to make SIP call from Sx20 codec then the Sx20 codec must register with the gatekeeper(VCS or CUCM).

Since SIP end points do not translate the Alias Id(jabber id) and it has to send the translation request to the gatekeeper(CUCM or VCS) and then the call passes through successfully.