Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS 14.6.1 and TMSPE 1.1

I have a customer that has VCS-C, VCS-E, TMS (13.2.1) and Jabber Video.  We are installing a new TMS (14.6.1) with TMSPE.  Since the customer does not have Conductor, we plan to only install TMSPE 1.1.  I know the documentation for TMS 14.6.1 recommends TMSPE 1.4, but are there any issues of running TMSPE 1.1 with TMS 14.6.1?  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dana.tong
Level 4
Level 4

What MCU do you have? A single Conductor is free to install (providing you have compute).

Are you wanting to use TMSPE for endpoint provisioning or to take advantage of the new  CMR Premise? I'm just a bit confused with your application and what you are trying to achieve.

Regards,

D

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dana.tong
Level 4
Level 4

What MCU do you have? A single Conductor is free to install (providing you have compute).

Are you wanting to use TMSPE for endpoint provisioning or to take advantage of the new  CMR Premise? I'm just a bit confused with your application and what you are trying to achieve.

Regards,

D

Dana,

Thanks.  They have an MCU 5320.  Adding Conductor is not part of our scope of work and I'm not sure it gives them any additional functionality they are looking for at this time.  We are planning to use TMSPE because they have (25) Jabber Video (Movi) licenses.

Mike

I believe your Release / Option key for TMSPE 1.1 should still be valid with the version 1.4. I would check the release notes for TMS 14.6. You might find that it has a requirement for TMSPE 1.4.

If you're going to install the latest TMS version it makes sense to install the compatible TMSPE version.

I'd be installing the conductor. It doesn't take too much to configure and you can add value by installing CMR Premise, and enhance the customer experience.

Cheers.

TMSPE is free to install and use, the provisioning of devices to users is the only part that requires the purchase of provisioning license that are added into TMS as option keys.

I'd suggest you install the latest release of TMSPE, you may not need everything the newer version has (you can choose what to install), but you'd get the added benefit of any bug fixes for issues that might be present in an earlier release.