Level 1
Level 1

Cisco TMS is currently in the following configuration:
VM: Intel®Xeon®CPUE5-2695 v4@2.10Ghz 2.10Ghz RAM 4GB, 64-bit
Win Server 2008R2 Standard SP1
SQL Server 2008 R2 (local)
TMSPE_1.2
TMS 5.4.4

Is it possible to run Cisco TMS 5.4.4 on Windows Server 2016?
Please help me to describe the exact process of switching to Windows Server 2016.

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The process to upgrade will differ depending on where your SQL Database is - whether you have it on the same server, or whether it is on a separate SQL Server.

But, the basic steps would be:

• Back up SQL database
  • Turn old TMS Server off
  • Set up new TMS Server (including restore of SQL database if hosted on same box)
  • Point new TMS Server at SQL database (if it's a different box)
  • Upgrade TMS (and TMSPE) to a current software version.

I'd also strongly suggest you look at upgrading from TMS 15.4 to a more recent release such as TMS 15.10 to support modern devices and Windows/SQL versions.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Am I right understood that we have to update TMS in any case and it's impossible to move old TMS Version 5.4.4 from Win Server 2008 to Win Server 2016?

TMS 15.4 isn't officially supported on Windows 2016, but it may install OK, but, as you'll be building a new server anyway, building it with the latest version of TMS at the same time is highly recommended rather than messing around with older versions.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.