cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSXE 3.0 & hosted Exchange Server

Scott Brodie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a few questions around the deployment of the new TMS XE 3.0. 

Our client has their MS Exchange hosted off site , I need to understand any restrictions / caveats for this type of installation – 

• Where should the TMSXE 3.0 server be located? TMS side or Exchange side of the deployment
  • Are there any latency concerns we should be aware of with this model?
  • Is an offsite hosted Exchange solution supported? 

I have read the release note, installation guide, admin & user guides but none of them discuss hosted deployments. Any information around this type of ditributed deployment is gratefully received

Many Thanks

Scott

1 Reply 1

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Scott,

Where should the TMSXE 3.0 server be located? TMS side or Exchange side of the deployment

The TMSXE server could be located anywhere where it can reach both the Exchange CAS server and the Cisco TMS over HTTP(s).

Are there any latency concerns we should be aware of with this model?

No, Outlook booking is asynchronous, latency won't matter.

Is an offsite hosted Exchange solution supported? 

Such deployments have not been tested by the Collaboration Infrastructure BU, and are thus by definition not supported. However, as long as you are allowed to control the throtteling policy on the CAS server, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work. But note that you probably won't get any assistance from the TAC in case the off-site Exchange solution breaks TMSXE.

Regards,

Kjetil