cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video over SIP Trunk via CUBE problem

Fatih Cetin
Level 1
Level 1

I've a problem with video calls in my environment. I used CUBE between two different IP telephony networks. There are SIP Trunks between Call Managers and CUBE. For audio it works fine, but for video I have an interesting problem. Architecture is like this:

IP PHONE (9951) --> CUCM (7.1.5) <---SIP TRUNK ---> CUBE <--- SIP TRUNK ---> CUCM (7.1.5) <--IP PHONE (9971)

When  9951 calls 9971, 9951 sends and receives video but 9971 only sends  video and discards the receiving video packets. For the other way around  when 9971 calls 9951, this time 9971sends and receives video but 9951  only sends video and discards the receiving video packets. In short  calling party sends and receives video but called party only sends video  and discards receiving video.

Do you have any idea what might be causing the problem?

Also in this scenario:

IP PHONE (9951) --> CUCM (7.1.5) <---SIP TRUNK ---> CUBE <--- SIP TRUNK ---> CUCM (7.1.5) <--IP PHONE (7985)

There is only audio, no video. Do I have to configure something for SCCP on CUBE? Do you have any idea?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hello

please find the below

You have to use "sdp pass-through" the basic video calls will work . Make sure that the calls (SIP to SIP) because if you use (SIP to H323) it will not work. kIndly find the below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/cube/configuration/guide/vb_9320.html

I think also you have to configure transcoding

Thank you

please rate if this will help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hello

please find the below

You have to use "sdp pass-through" the basic video calls will work . Make sure that the calls (SIP to SIP) because if you use (SIP to H323) it will not work. kIndly find the below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/cube/configuration/guide/vb_9320.html

I think also you have to configure transcoding

Thank you

please rate if this will help

Thank you islam.kamal,

Now it is working fine between 9951 and 9971.

But I still have a problem with the 7985:

IP PHONE (9951) --> CUCM (7.1.5) <---SIP TRUNK ---> CUBE <--- SIP TRUNK ---> CUCM (7.1.5) <--IP PHONE (7985)

There is only audio, no video. Do I have to configure something for SCCP on CUBE? Do you have any idea?

Thanks,

Regards.

Fatih

When I turn the "IP Voice Media Streaming App" off, 7985 model phones are able to make video calls in this scenario. But this time they can't make any conference in their own network since turning that service off causes the software conference bridge stop in CUCM.

So, I tried another way. I turned the "IP Voice Media Streaming App" on again, then under CUCM Administration -> System ->Service Parameters, I chose Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App and set the value of Media Termination Point (MTP) Parameters -> Run Flag   to false.

For the momemt it is working fine. I am not sure if I will still need that service if I have a hardware conference bridge.

Fatih.