Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploying ThousandEyes Enterprise Agent on Kubernetes Cluster

COjeda
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone,

Has anyone successfully deployed an Enterprise Agent within a Kubernetes cluster?  Currently followed a Cisco U. training where this was used: justinhauer/Thousand-Eyes-kubernetes: Thousand Eyes Enterprise Agent Deployment in kubernetes (github.com)

However, it did not work.  I have a theory that this is due to ARM architecture of the cluster but while I wait for support to reply and confirm my suspicions, I wanted to ask here.  

Thanks.  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Torbjørn
Spotlight
Spotlight

I haven't used that exact github project, but I have deployed an agent successfully to Kubernetes. As far as I can see those manifests should be OK.

That said the enterprise agent unfortunately does require x86, so you won't get it running on that specific k8s node/cluster.

Happy to help! Please mark as helpful/solution if applicable.
Get in touch: https://torbjorn.dev

View solution in original post

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @COjeda  - hopping in here to echo @Torbjørn's post and provide a few extra details from my expert team:

1. We don't offer official Kubernetes support at this point in time.
  2. Our docker containers will currently only run on x86 CPU architecture. ARM CPUs are not currently supported. A full list of our supported CPU architecture can be found here. 

While both of these are areas we are looking into offering in the future, they're not currently on the roadmap for release.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Torbjørn
Spotlight
Spotlight

I haven't used that exact github project, but I have deployed an agent successfully to Kubernetes. As far as I can see those manifests should be OK.

That said the enterprise agent unfortunately does require x86, so you won't get it running on that specific k8s node/cluster.

Happy to help! Please mark as helpful/solution if applicable.
Get in touch: https://torbjorn.dev

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @COjeda  - hopping in here to echo @Torbjørn's post and provide a few extra details from my expert team:

1. We don't offer official Kubernetes support at this point in time.
  2. Our docker containers will currently only run on x86 CPU architecture. ARM CPUs are not currently supported. A full list of our supported CPU architecture can be found here. 

While both of these are areas we are looking into offering in the future, they're not currently on the roadmap for release.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card