cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Thousand Eye

Chhitij
Level 1
Level 1

We are planning to our VM infra from VMware ESXi Infrastructure to Nutanix AHV.

Kindly confirm if Thousandeyes agent installed on VMware will be impacted after upgrading to Nutanix AHV.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as underlay VMware working, i do not see any issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

As of now we are migrating over to Nutanix AHV. Is thousand eye works on this or there is any supported platform.

never done any installation :

check the supported image  (or wait for others to comment who have deployed TE client in Nautanix AHV)

https://docs.thousandeyes.com/product-documentation/global-vantage-points/enterprise-agents/installing/appliances/how-to-set-up-the-virtual-appliance

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

remyJe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @Chhitij Nutanix AHV was built with KVM, so there could be some hardware compatibility (e.g., SCSI and Network) to take into consideration; VirtIO drivers will likely provide the best performance. I'd personally want to evaluate the current hardware adapters and versions in use on the VMware VMs, then run a test migration of one instance to understand the outcome.

Here's some more info about the Nutanix AHV platform:

Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor a.k.a AHV 

Current ThousandEyes enterprise agent virtual appliances are running on Ubuntu 20.04, which is listed as a supported guest OS on Nutanix AHV. You can check their compatibility and interoperability matrix here:

Nutanix Compatibility and Interoperability Matrix

I also understand Nutanix has a migration solution, called Move, which could prove to be useful. But, in any case, working closely with the Nutanix support team to understand requirements, limitations and expected outcomes is encouraged.

Kindly,

Jeremy Stark
  Technical Consulting Engineer
    ThousandEyes (part of Cisco)