cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extend supported capabilities?

MahdiR
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to extend the supported capabilities of a device?

I've a Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch running IOS XE 03.11.02.E but it doesn't support any of the XE yang models.

Most of the models it supports are IETF models, and when I use those models nothing gets returned.

It doesn't give any errors, but doesn't return any data either.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look at the configuriaton guide : ( refer Page number 299)

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/XE3-11-0E/configuration/guide/xe-311-cg.pdf

the document has mentioned some tips and limitations, not sure what kind of extended capabilities you looking can you show us some example to understand better, if that is limitation of the IOS XE, you have only limited option i guess

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look at the configuriaton guide : ( refer Page number 299)

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/XE3-11-0E/configuration/guide/xe-311-cg.pdf

the document has mentioned some tips and limitations, not sure what kind of extended capabilities you looking can you show us some example to understand better, if that is limitation of the IOS XE, you have only limited option i guess

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the tip!

It doesn't look like it supports (or should support) the models that I need (Mainly Cisco_IOS_XE_native).

Data model related restrictions:
– Only a subset of the IETF, or common data models are supported.
– Only the Cisco device-specific ned.yang model is supported.
– When using ODM models, you must stop and restart the ODM control process if the crypto keys
  are regenerated. See Activating and Deactivating the ODM, page 6-17