cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Director 6.6 upgrade issues on ESXi 6.7

michgri
Level 1
Level 1

We upgraded ESXi in the lab over the weekend to 6.7, and my UCS Director VM (installed using the OVF) can't connect to the network any more. 

It came up without an IP address; I went into the shell and gave it one, but it still can't ping its gateway. I assume 

As another data point, I had a similar issue installing UCS Director on another ESXi 6.7 server in another lab--before I installed it in this one.

Since this is in a lab and I'm using the eval license, I can't open a ticket with the TAC. I am probably just going to install ESXi 6.5 on a blade and reinstall UCS Director there.

2 Replies 2

michgri
Level 1
Level 1

Update: issue appears to be related to the E1000 virtual NIC. I removed the E1000, changed it to a VMXNET3 and it comes up with the appropriate IP address and is reachable through the network.

(Which may have broken something else, as I can't log in at the console any more, but I can get in through the normal HTTPS URL. I'll probably just reinstall on ESXi 6.5.)

Hi,

Do you know if this issue has been resolved in 6.7u1?

/JCA

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer