Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading Cisco N9508 OS

qasim khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am planning on upgrading NXOS and epld for our N9508s that have dual supervisors. having never done one before so wondering if one of you could could help me with the steps. I have read many documents by now and online threads they all seems to have different takes and most of them are based on old firmwares where install command wasn;t available.

I will really appreciate your help with this.

kind regards.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the current version post-show version, what version you like to upgrade (give us some of your network information)

look below upgrade guide get some direction :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/upgrade/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Software_Upgrade_and_Downgrade_Guide_Release_7x.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

Thanks for your swift response. They are currently running now 7.0.3.I7.8 and plan is to upgrade them to 7.0.3.i7.9. they are a pair I.e. A and B in VPC and both have dual supervisors. Also, we want to upgrade EPLD as well..if you have any steps.written and can share them will be great.

Other than that switches are running multiple VRFs and bgp as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer