Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Voicemail during AAR

tacl75
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I have a customer just implemented AAR and when remote site is trying to access their voicemail by pressing the message button, they do not get the prompt for pin instead, they hear the system default greeting. However, if AAR does not kick in, they are able to access their voicemail via WAN link and also dialing in from PSTN to Voicemail.

Is there some bugs or anyway to resolve that?

Thanks and cheers!

3 Replies 3

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

More than likely what is happing is that instead of the users extension, their full DID is being sent to Unity. Unity doesn't match the full DID, so it plays the Opening Greeting.

There are a couple options that you have:

**probably the easiest/best option**

1) Configure each user's mailbox with an alternate extension of what ever the PSTN is sending. (you can find this out by watching Call Viewer, or debugging the router)

2) Create a route pattern specifically for the VM pilot configured to only send the users's extension to the PSTN for their caller ID

3) Configure your routers to send and accept the redirect information element (IE). However I can't remember if this works with AAR, or just with CFUR

HTH

Adam

Remember, please rate if helpful

Agree and understood.

I have tried option 1 and 3 but no luck to make it work too. For option 2, I used another VM profile with mask set to the calling party dn but to no avail too.

attached its the port monitor which i have traced and it did show the correct number which i have configured as alternate extension.

does it mean AAR does not work for VM? or it is a bug in CCM 7.01?

My CCM and UnityConnection version are 7.01.

If you haven't already figured this out, you likely missed the calling party transform mask set to XXXX on the VM Hunt Pilot not the VM Profile.  That will take your ANI which is your external phone number mask as in the CIPC image and cut the number down to 2002 as the caller so Unity Connection can match that to a subscriber's mailbox.