cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AD Extension Question - New Unity Servers

s.casper_2
Level 1
Level 1

Currently running 4.04 VM only on-box Exchange with dedicated AD . Adding 2 new 4.05 VM only Unity servers with 2 Exchange 2000 servers off-box. Do we have to run the AD extension wizard for each new Unity server or was it covered when we installed the first Unity system? Thanks!

2 Replies 2

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Schema extensions are only done once per forest. So if these server will be in the same forest (or domain) you don't need to run adschemasetup again.

Also if these servers will be in other physical locations it's super critical that each be a DC/GC and have DNS installed. AD sites should also be configured to control the DC/GC Unity synchs with.

Thanks,

Keith

Currently running 4.04 VM only on-box Exchange with dedicated AD. I have added the 2 new 4.05 VM only Unity servers with 2 Exchange 2000 servers off-box. Everything went well with the installs except the Unity Servers are complaining that the Exchange Servers are offline. TAC states we have to run the Schema extension tool from the current production Unity server. There seems to be a lot of conflicting information regaurding this step. Each new Exchange server is a Domain Controller, shouldn't the Schema extensions that we ran when we installed the first Unity servers be replicated when these Exchange/DC servers came online? If I do run the Schema extension tool again what is the risk to my production enviroment? Also can I just run the tool of do I need to redo my installs?

Thanks!