Views
Helpful
Replies

AudioText Manager - unable load prompts

CoDeC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have created a new post from (from https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/audiotext-manager-unable-to-play-record-greetings/m-p/3211671#M111342)

I was using ATM (I didn't remember the exact version) with W7 and worked great but the last week I was migrated to W10 and I downloaded the last version of ATM and I cannot upload wav files.

here the log file. Note that ATM cannot to retrieve the Cnx version (9.1.1) but I can list subscribers, call handler, etc.

I have run ATM with my standard windows account and with administrative priviledges and I if put in the browser the url https://deedcpbxuncnp01.emea.tdworldwide.com:8443/vmrest/version I got the version or if I use postman I got the version too. so, I guess that it is not a problem with the firewall or antivirus. I only suspect some problem with the certificate because in the postman I had to disable the SSL certificate verification option.

<VersionInformation>
<name>vmrest</name>
<version>9.1.1.10</version>
</VersionInformation>

Logs:

Connection AudioTextManager, version=1.0.0.45
Connection version=
Remote Connection server=deedcpbxuncnp01.emea.tdworldwide.com
Logging into remote Connection server using alias=cucnadministrator
Local Windows account info=*********
Local Windows time=05/11/2017 00:00:00
Search for '(error)' or '(warning)' to look for problems
2017/11/05 07:17:25: (error) in frmMain_Load on frmMain:Login failed to Connection server:*************. Details= WebCallResults contents:
URL Sent: https://*********:8443/vmrest/version
Method Sent: GET
Body Sent: 
Success returned: False
Status returned 0:0
Error Text: Web exception error in GetResponse on RestTransportFunctions.cs:The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
Raw Response Text: 
Total object count: 0
Status description:
2017/11/05 07:21:43: (error) in EditAudioOnlyGreeting on frmEditGreetingRule:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2017/11/05 07:21:45: Error uploading WAV file for greeting to the remote server in EditAudioOnlyGreeting: WebCallResults contents:
URL Sent: 
Method Sent: 
Body Sent: 
Success returned: False
Status returned 0:0
Error Text: 
Raw Response Text: 
Total object count: 0
Status description:
2017/11/05 07:21:53: User exiting Application
Best Regards,
--
Alberto
11 Replies 11

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

answer pulled from the other thread...

The version out there (45) has been tested rather extensively – I have a number of sites using it for the new Visio diagraming features added recently.  To be complete I fired up clean Windows 7 and Windows 10 VMWare images, installed IBM’s SDK on them and then downloaded the ATM version off the site, installed it and uploaded a file from the Windows Media folder to greetings and voice names via the tool – all went clean for both against 10.0 and 11.5 Connection installations. As such I’m reasonably confident the install and binaries are all correct and clean.

From the log output there the interesting bit is “Web exception error in GetResponse on RestTransportFunctions.cs:The underlying connection was closed”

That’s just getting the VMRest version – an easy HTTP GET call any REST based application needs to do and it failed – which tells me there’s likely more going on than just a simple OS version upgrade.  Looks to be an anti virus package and/or firewall issues blocking HTTP GETs (and POSTs I’d assume) to your Connection server.

Hi,

I have tested with "HTTP Login Tester" with the same issue.

I enter the "https://deedcpbxuncnp01.emea.tdworldwide.com:8443/vmrest/version"(or ip address) in the browser or in Postman and works fine. So, I can discard some issue with the windows firewall and maybe the Antivirus. In fact, I created a rule in the Windows firewall for allow ATM and I can see in the firewall log the request to Unity but not the response, no traffic from unity.

:(

other suggestion? thanks a lot.

The HTTPLoginTester is pretty simple - it asks .NET framework HTTP libraries to connect to the target first using more modern TLS 1.1/1.2 protocols - in your case that wont work since you're running Connection 9.x which did not yet support TLS.  After that fails it tries to connect forcing SSL3 (older) protocol.

This is necessary since Microsoft added restrictions against SSL3 after getting burned by the "ILOVEYOU"and other similar exploits against SSL - so apps (and browsers) had to compensate.  All my apps, including ATM, have a cascade connection logic built into them to handle this - so I know that's not the issue.

Normally you'd see a response with something like "could not create SSL/SSH session" or the like, not a no reply at all from the target web server.  For the record on my 10.0 laptop I just connected using ATM, COBRAS, HTTPLoginTester and UDD to my 7.x and 9.x Connection servers without issue (all forced SSL3 connections that went through) - so, right off hand I'm not sure what to suggest.  If you're getting _no_ reply at all from the HTTP web service on Connection it sure sounds like something is blocking the traffic coming from the app entirely.

thanks for your quick answer.

I will check the network and with security team but I lost if with some application works fine the request and with atm not.

thanks again.

--

Alberto

which "some applications" are these?  Many do not use SOAP or REST based HTTP (i.e. CUDLI) - they use ODBC (and sometimes IMAP) only since they're not dealing with greetings and voice names like ATM is. 

Please list specifically which applications are working and which are not.

hi,

I've used Postman (disabled the SSL validation).

regards,

Hi again,

I have captured packets again (wireshark) and I see the responses from the unity connection.

the last time that I captured packets I was via VPN.

2017-11-08 14_53_26-Clipboard.png

2017-11-08 15_06_31-_Ethernet.png

Anyway, I will continue the troubleshootings.

--

Alberto

so - any chance there's a web proxy at play here that the browser is privy to but ATM is not?

hi,

no, for internal devices there is not proxies.

can I activate a deeper traces in ATM?

Regards,

there are no deeper traces to turn on - you can turn on debug output but that's for more detailed info on database queries, stored procedure calls and such - not the initial HTTP connections in use. 

the chances of this being some sort of logic issue in ATM that hundreds of other customers are somehow not seeing is not a very likely possibility to begin with... the HTML connections being made are standard Windows libraries used by .NET 4.5 - pretty common stuff.

Also, you never followed up on exactly which apps were working and which were not.

Presumably if the HTTP connection test app (which is all of about 20 lines of code) isn't working, that's the easiest one to use for testing - this is using the basic .NET 4.5 HTTP library connections using different security connection requests (TLS vs SSL) - if that's not working, no tool using REST or SOAP HTTP connections to your box will work.