Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant time out

mezcalito
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there,

I have CCM7 and Cisco Unity Connection 7, I'm trying to configure the Auto Attendant for CUC7, the prompt goes like this "Thanks for calling us, if you know the extension enter it now, otherwise wait on the line and one of our reps will assist you"

I've configured a CTI Route Point in my Call Manager, I've assigned a dn that has the VoiceMail profile  and redirects all to the voicemail.

In Unity I have 2 Call Handlers that work this way:

Call Handler A .- Same dn of my CTi Route Point, in Greetings I selected Alternate with these options:

Greeting Enabled with No End Date and Time

My Personal Recording

Ignore Caller Input

Call Handler Attempt Transfer to Call Handler B

Prompt: "Thanks for calling us"

Call Handler B.- No dn, it gets redirected from Call Handler A, in Greetings I selected Alternate with these options:

Greeting Enabled with No End Date and Time

My Personal Recording

Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers

Conversation: Caller System Transfer

Prompt: "if you know the extension enter it now, otherwise wait on the line and one of our reps will assist you"

So far, if you enter the extension that WORKS.

What I dont know how to do is the "otherwise wait on the line and one of our reps will assist you"

I've searched around for some hours and I haven't got any clues yet lol.

If I active the "Transfer Rules" it transfer the call without even play the Call Handler B's prompt.

How do I set the time out for the digits and if no digit is pressed then transfer the call to a DN?

Thanks!!

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Typical way to go about this is to use the after greeting action – for the alternate greeting have the after greeting action (which defaults to take a message) be to attempt transfer to a 3rd call handler that goes where you want folks to go in that case (i.e. an operator). 

You’d usually want the greeting to repeat once or twice with a short timeout – this can be configured on the greeting page with the "time to reprompt caller" and "delay between reprompts" fields.  After the repeates/timeouts it’ll take the after greeting action and send the caller off to a human presumably.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Typical way to go about this is to use the after greeting action – for the alternate greeting have the after greeting action (which defaults to take a message) be to attempt transfer to a 3rd call handler that goes where you want folks to go in that case (i.e. an operator). 

You’d usually want the greeting to repeat once or twice with a short timeout – this can be configured on the greeting page with the "time to reprompt caller" and "delay between reprompts" fields.  After the repeates/timeouts it’ll take the after greeting action and send the caller off to a human presumably.

I got it now man!!

I thought I had to select "Conversation Caller System Transfer" in order to catch the dtmf input but it seems that step is not needed, so I only have to attempt a transfer to a call handler where I have a transfer rule to the operator DN after the greeting, quite easy.

Thanks!!