cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automated Call Handler Reporting

randerso
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with about 25 first level Call Handlers and a couple of hundred level 2/3 handlers. Lots of "press 1 for travel sales", "press 2 for insurance sales", etc. They would like weekly/monthly automated reports on how their customers are navigating the system. (They have too many sales managers that want to look at lots of reports). The Call Handler Traffic report is pretty messy and not automated. Does anyone know of a good way to do this? Cheers!

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no automated report capacity, but you can certain get at this data yourself easily.

the ReportDB table in SQL (companion to the UnityDB directory data) has all the info you want. If you open the "CALLHANDLER" table in the ReportDB database, every transaction for every call handler in the system is logged. You can look at the data in there and tell pretty quickly what it's telling you:

1. The call handler in question (it uses display name which must be unique).

2. The time the call hit the handler.

3. How the user left the handler.

the user can leave a handler by:

1. pressing a one key rule if one is defined (0-9, star or pound). this shows up as a "1" in the appropriate column.

2. By dialing an ID of another user/handler - this shows up in the "ID" string.

3. By taking the after greeting action (i.e. leaving a message).

4. by hanging up.

You should be able to use this to generate the kinds of reports you want.

Hi Jeff,

Would you suggest that a report generator like Crystal Reports would be the correct tool to generate reports?

You can use whatever you want, that's up to you - I just pull CSV reports when doing such things myself - if you want to make them pretty with graph outputs, formatted tables and such, something like Crystal is fine. You can also just use XML with a style sheet or any number of other ways to format the data as you want.