cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AvCSGateway Error "AvCsGateway.exe: <unknown symbol>"

paulclilverd
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer that rebooted their Unity server this afternoon. When the server booted back up Unity did not start and the following error is seen repeatedly in the app log.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_AvCs

Event Category: None

Event ID: 100

Date: 1/4/2005

Time: 12:24:29

User: N/A

Computer: NULONUN01

Description:

Exception occurred and handled. Contact Cisco Technical Support. File: e:\views\Unity4.0.2.122\un_Core1\Maestro\AvCsGateway\AvCsGateway.cpp at Line: 493 - Error: 80004005H Call stack:

0x0042348D AvCsGateway.exe: <unknown symbol>

I can see certain bugs and tech notes that are similar, but these are for certain users experiencing issues, where as this is stopping Unity from starting.

I believe that there may have been an issue during the reboot with some of the services not stopping correctly, therefore I have suggested to our customer that they use the kill command to stop all "AV" services and then a reboot should bring them up clean?.

I would just like to clarify with anyone what would actually cause this error in the app log, and if the kill command is the correct road to go down?.

Versions are 4.0(2) Ex 2k Off-box

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

The error 80004005, I know it well, is a permissions problem of some sort. You might check to see what service account is used to start the AvCsGateway on your Unity server. It should be the Unity message store service account, not Local System. Here is a link to the services and their associated accounts - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a008011a5bf.html

The AvCsGateway service is also dependent upon MSSQLSERVER. I've never used the kill command, but would do so if recommended by TAC.

Best wishes,

Ginger

Ginger,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Paul