cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup CUCM using DRS unsuccessful: SFTP server

dsmith.tig
Level 1
Level 1

Unsuccessful in backing up CUCM (8.5.1 on UCS). ERROR that SFTP server is not valid (using Network Directory, not Tape backup). The default path was applied "\" and server IP designated in the configuration. Does this imply that the SFTP server is not active on the designated backup server..? Please see attached screenshot....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Saurabh Agnihotri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dsmith,

Try a forward slash "/" intead of the backslash "\".

Also check if you can ping this IP address from the CUCM using "utils network ping" command and also check if the SFTP server is running and configured fine.

Regards,

Saurabh Agnihotri

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Saurabh Agnihotri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dsmith,

Try a forward slash "/" intead of the backslash "\".

Also check if you can ping this IP address from the CUCM using "utils network ping" command and also check if the SFTP server is running and configured fine.

Regards,

Saurabh Agnihotri

Hi

As suggested, try a / instead.

You can also test the SFTP server (presuming it's not restricted to particular source addresses) using WinSCP or another SFTP client.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks all,

Tried backslash and forward slash......when I try so save the save the config of the backup device, it can ping the host, but it cannot reach the SFTP server to allow the saving of config, so SFTP is either not running or not configured corectly.

Thanks,

Doug

Doug:

Try "./" then...

from a console instead of the gui:

admin: utils disaster_recovery device add network ./ <# of backupsj to store>

You will then be prompted to enter the sftp password.   

Try an SFTP client to test the SFTP server.

-Luke

i am trying to make a backup to a synology nas with no success

admin:utils disaster_recovery device add network  ** *** **

drfCliMsg: Unable to save Backup Device successfully. Update failed : Unable to access SFTP server. Please ensure the username and password are correct.

has anyone seen this before?

Try disabling the firewall on the FTP server. Had the same problem and worked after disabling the firewall.

Hello , please i had a problem on my cucm to apply device backup by using SFTP server i verified the firewall the addressing, the sftp server still give warning notification  about the authentication i check all your text below and i tired but no result can you please help me with give me a solution to try it  . 

thanks . 

shazeb051
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all i am unable to take the back up and my sftp server also ping from cucm and utils ..please help to take my back i have upgrade the version..

i am using ucs:c200 vmware client:5.1 cucm 9.1.1
tried sftp server,cronstone,titan.shark,solarwind,scp, but the error is same.