cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler Confusion

mikeh
Level 1
Level 1

We have 3 similar ICS7750 installations all running CCM 3.3(3) and Unity 4.0(3). All use the Attendant Console in which the last entry in a Hunt Group is a direct call into the Voicemail Pilot Point.

At one site, when an outside caller is routed to voicemail, they hear a greeting from the Opening Greeting Call Handler (Standard or Closed Greeting). We have a mailbox configured on the Unity system with the same extension as the Attendant Console Pilot Point (11801).

At the other two sites, we have setup specific greeting on the Attendant Console mailbox (which we call a General Voicemailbox) and the callers will hear that specific greeting. But at this one site, callers will only hear the Opening Greeting.

I have compare mailbox, call handler, and call routing settings repeatedly but cannot find any differences.

Am I missing something, or does it sound like something in the 11801 mailbox or Call Handler is corrupt?

Thanks for anything you can suggest!

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The first thing to check here is that Unity is getting the forwarding number from the phone system that you assume we are - this is by far the most common issue with inbound routing issues like this. Fire up the Call Viewer application from the tools depot on the desktop and make calls into the system and see what the direct and forwarding calling numbers are - starting with that as a base we can look into the call routing rules next and such.

Thanks for your suggestion!

On a system that behaves the way we would like, the Called Number is 12701, which is the Attendant Pilot Point. It also says it is Forwarded from 12701 because it was busy. The greeting is that of the 12701 mailbox.

On the system in question, the Called Number is 11882 which is our Voice Mail Pilot Point. There is nothing to indicate any Forwarding as on the other system. There is no indication of the 11801 Attendant Pilot Point. The greeting is that of the Opening Greeting Call Handler.

I'm not sure what controls the "called number" when it comes from the Attendant Console. (Sounds like this is venturing away from a Unity issue and into a CCM issue?)

Thanks again!