cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call handler with French language support

bkhanal1971
Level 3
Level 3

I am trying to configure call handlers with French as the language and English as optional. I created the Call Handler "Main-AA-Fr" with French as language. Then created another call handler named "Main-AA-En" and that gets played if non French speaking callers press an option 1 while the system is playing the Main-AA-Fr greeting. I have associated extension 1000 to the Main-AA-Fr call handler. CUCM forwards all calls to the call handler through the forward all setting in CTI RP.

I dont' know what i am missing but greetings are not working for me. Is there a simple to follow document/instruction somewhere that can walk me through the steps? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

typically you'd set this up with a single call handler - record an english greeting and a french greeting - set the language to "inherited" for the call handler (meaning it will use the language tagged on the call to decide which one to play).  In your call routing rules configure the language for extension 1000 when it forwards to French - it'll default other calls to English.

When a call hits the call handler if that call is already tagged as French and a French greeting is recorded it will play it - otherwise it will play the English greeting.

The advantage of the Connection setup for language is exactly that - it doesn't need separate call handler trees for each language...

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

typically you'd set this up with a single call handler - record an english greeting and a french greeting - set the language to "inherited" for the call handler (meaning it will use the language tagged on the call to decide which one to play).  In your call routing rules configure the language for extension 1000 when it forwards to French - it'll default other calls to English.

When a call hits the call handler if that call is already tagged as French and a French greeting is recorded it will play it - otherwise it will play the English greeting.

The advantage of the Connection setup for language is exactly that - it doesn't need separate call handler trees for each language...