cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller System Transfer Timing

randerso
Level 1
Level 1

The pilot is picked up by Unity v4.0(4) and prompts the caller to press "1" to transfer to an extension. I call the "caller system transfer" because the customer has lots of users that have no voice mail. The customer is complaining that the users dial "1" and then don't wait to dial the 4-digit extension. Unity misses a couple of digits and replies that the call cannot be completed. Any way to speed up the caller system transfer ability to handle the input digits faster? Many thanks for any help!

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Testing this on my 4.0(5) system (the system transfer is the same) I can't repro this. Make sure the "1" key on the call handler input page you have it setup for is marked "locked" - this means Unity will take action on it immediately and not wait to see if you're going to enter more digits for an extension or not. When I have mine setup like this I can dial "12345" from the opening greeting and be transfered to extension 2345 every time - it never misses a digit not matter how fast I enter them.

I'm betting this is your problem, if not, let me know and we'll see what else could be going on - it should not be slow at all.