Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot add Subscriber

roger.widmer1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I run Unity 4.0(3)SR1 Voicemail only, with Exchange 2k on box.

Unity is a member server in an existing domain.

Unfortunately I get an error message when I click Add Subscriber Button:

Error fetching MailStore list (for server UVMLZW02).

hr=0x8004010F

Check that the AVDSGlobalCatalog is registered and running.

I checked the Service and made sure Permissions wizard run successfully, with no results.

Furthermore I got some errors in Event Log, which I believe are related to the problem:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_AvRdbSvr

Event Category: Startup

Event ID: 21000

Date: 10/6/2004

Time: 9:58:34 PM

User: N/A

Computer: UVMLZW02

Description:

Failed connecting to underlying database using: provider=SQLOLEDB;driver={SQL Server};Data Source=UVMLZW02;Initial Catalog=UnityDb;uid=Administrator;pwd=<?}: 80004005

Event Source: CiscoUnity_DSGC

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 1012

Description:

Initialization of AvRdbSvr failed [0x80048807; ??].

Event Source: CiscoUnity_DSGC

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 1031

Description:

The AvDSGlobalCatalog service failed to complete a full directory synchronization between the SQL database on the Cisco Unity server and the directory. Some changes in the directory since the last directory synchronization may not be present in the SQL database.

A possible reason for this is that the directory server may be temporarily unavailable.

The directory monitor attempts synchronization every 1 minutes. If a subsequent directory synchronization in this domain succeeds, a message indicating success will be logged to the event log, and no action is required. If this message and the subsequent success message are logged multiple times, this may indicate an intermittent network problem.

If directory synchronization in this domain continues to fail, another error message will be logged in an hour. Verify the network connectivity between Cisco Unity and the directory server. If the directory server is down and then comes back up, synchronization happens automatically and no action is required. DNS should also be verified to ensure that AvDSGlobalCatalog can resolve the domain controller name.

I checked for network / dc issues, but there are none.

Many thanks for your suggestions

Regards

Roger

2 Replies 2

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check to see if the sqlserveragent service is started.

Open SQL Enterprise Manager and see if you can connect to UnityDb.

This error message, "Failed connecting to underlying database using: provider", leads me to believe that you have a domain policy that has taken effect.

H. M.

Hi

The domain controller is another Unity server and I did not change anything on the domain policies.

In SQL Enterprise Manager I can connect to the DB, open Tables, modify values... so SQL should work ok.

The thing is, that today, 36h after the installation I realised, that the add subscriber menue miraculously worked....???

Is there something in the Cisco way of installing Windows 2000 as domain controller for Unity Voicemail that changes the behaviour of the GC/AD synchronisation?