Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot make outbound calls on a SIP trunk

o0chrisb0o
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm pulling my air out since last week. Here's my problem. It has been over a year that I setup a phone system, and everything was working fine. Then I changed my setup last week.

My old setup was basically like this:

cucme (2811) ==> ISP Router ==> Twilio (SIP Trunk) (NAT was made directly on the 2811)

Now my setup is as follow

cucme (2811) ==> router (1941) ==> PFSense FW (NAT happen here) ==> ISP Router (Bridge Mode) ==> Twilio.

What's working:

• All phones can communicate between them internaly
  • All inbound call works flawlessly

What's not working:

• Outbound calls

Here's the symptoms when I try to do an outbound call, when a pickup the phone and dial a outside number, I press 9, then I hear the fast dialtone, as usual, then type the number, I see the "Ring Out" on the phone screen, but nothing happen, no sound or click can be heard on the phone.

When I check the debug messages, I can see that the systems try to register to Twilio, but I do not receive any response from them. When I check the debug console at Twilio, it seems that they do not even received anything. (I'll include all the logs, pcap (from firewall) and config)

I have a feeling that it's related to the NAT, since it was working perfectly when the NAT was made by the 2811, I check for STUN and ALG but I don't know where to start or how it really works.

I would like to get your opinion on the matter, right now it beyond me and I would like to learn from that experience!

Looking forward for your help, I'm sure it's a small detail that I overlooked.

0 Replies 0