Views
Helpful
Replies

CER Subscriber install

jtreu
Level 1
Level 1

Putting this one out there...

I've run through the vm install/setup for a subscriber cer multiple times but its failing to recognize the CER pub as a 'pub'.  The sub node has been added to the pub, network and dns all resolve.  The sub install does pass network tests to the pub as well.   Have gone so far as to reboot the CER pub but the sub install still fails with "Configuration validation with < dns/ip > failed.  Configured first node <dns> is not a Publisher".

ideas?

thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

You said that DNS resolves. Do you have both forward and reverse entries for both the Pub and the Sub?

When you did the reboot of the Pub, the recommended thing is to delete the subscriber from the Pub, reboot the Pub, add the Subscriber back in, then try the install. (And I suggest having the Pub and Sub in the same IP subnet.)

Also, was this a fresh install of the Pub (before the Sub)? If not, has the hostname changed since the Pub was installed?

Maren

Is CER licensed? I've seen this on CER 12.5 where the server needs to be licensed before adding a subscriber.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: