cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Unity Subject Field

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

I have a customer that has a custom app and having the timestamp for the message actually in the subject field is required.

I can't think of anyway to accomplish this.

3 Replies 3

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

In 4.2, I can change the following Subject Fields:

---------------------------------

%NAME% (sending subscriber's name or sending interview box's name)

%EXTENSION% (sending subscriber's primary extension or sending interview box's DTMF ID - if available)

%CALLERID% (Caller ID as obtained from the switch integration)

%CALLEDID% (Called ID as obtained from the switch integration)

----------------------------------

Basically, is there another %VARIABLE% that I can use that will put in the timestamp?

No, the replacement engine for the subject does not include the timestamp - that seems a little unusual given that the message iteself will have several time stamps (created, arrived, mofified) - so it didn't occur to the engineers adding that feature to add it for subject line replacement...

I agree, its a strange request considering the messages have all the timestamps you need in the header, etc.

Anyway, this is a third party app that looks at fax e-mails (they had I3 which had a customizable subject field) and it was written to only look at the subject field.

Obviously it sounds like I won't be able to do this on the unity side, so I will explore the exchange side and see if its possible.