Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing the pointer to the Unity/Locations OU

jeremyts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For political reasons I need to manually create the Unity and Locations OU in a nested OU hidden away from the root of the Forest. This needs to be done before I install 4.0(5).

The documents I have are conflicting.

I understand that I need to create a new key called...

"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchAD\1.00\Locations"

Then I create two new values...

Root

New Object

Should the New Object have a space, or be one word such as NewObject?

Should the value data be a REG_SZ, or a REG_MULTI_SZ?

I have assumed that it should be a REG_SZ (standard string) with comas separating the path.

ie. "OU=Locations,OU=Unity,OU=Business Unit,OU=Site,DC=apac,DC=ent,DC=multinational,DC=net"

Should both the Root and NewObject (or New Object) values contain exactly the same data?

Cheers,

Jeremy.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If this is a new installation of Unity you shouldn't be going in and hacking the registry like this - whatever document you have must be for older versions of Unity I think.

When you run permissions Wizard (run before you install Unity) you can select the location of the Locations OU container (as well as where new DLs and Users created via the SA will be created) and it takes care of setting up the registry as well as assigning permissions to those containers.

You can check out the help for PW on it's home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_PW_403.htm

I know that I shouldn't be doing this, but I don't have a choice. The "Business Unit" I am installing this for are a large Western Australian Resource Company that are owned by a large multinaional resources company. The IT Department of this large multinational company is outsouced to CSC. The Business Unit has their own OU within the AD forest. CSC will only allow us Administrative access from within this OU, and we have not be delegated permission at the Exchange Org level...only the Administrative Group. It's been a sh!t fight for many months. As I said...very political.

Can you help?

Cheers,

Jeremy.