Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CallManager Call Queues

Yarin Ezra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community,

I have an issue with one of my customers that he needs to have a endless queue for calls.

The situations is this, they have UCCX which of course uses scripts to redirect calls, the calls are redirected to Hunt Pilots.

When a call enters the Hunt Pilot it has a timer for unanswered or busy to go to a destination (another script) which redirects them again to that Hunt Pilot over and over again.

That solved their problem for a "Queue" the issue is the callmanager is configured to a number of HOPS then after the call reaches that number, the call drops so we configured it from the default 12 to 17.

The customer doesn't want the call to drop, he wants it to continue endlessly or to play a prompt at the last hop that says: "there aren't any available agents please call again later".

Note that the customer does not want to integrate CSQ's in their scripts nor use Finesse, they also never configured Queues in their Hunt Pilot.

The solution would probably be to configure Queues in all of their Hunt Pilots but the problem is that they have over a 1000 Active ones.

If i were to configure Queues in their Hunt Pilot and again over a 1000, would that be an issue regarding the Cisco Software/Hardware in terms of excessive resources? Note that we would not use MOH for the Queue.

Is there another way to configure a Queue without the use of CSQ's or Hunt Pilot Queue or 3rd Party Servers?

17 Replies 17

I don't have access to review or use the Sizing tool apparently... although i have a cisco partner account.

Anyways i saw that theres a limit to how many Call Queuing per Subscriber node can be configured which is 100.

in my case my customer has 7 Subscriber nodes which has 1069 HP configured, either install more nodes or prioritize which Hunt would actually need the Queue configured.

because even though suggesting to use CSQs with CC once again isn't realistic since there's so many agents that the premium seat licenses would cost a fortune....

Hello fellas,

About the matter of the Queues and counters for the loops, I've successfully created a loop in UCCX using Call Consult Transfer with an Increment Cell and as shown in the included Screenshot, i have another question now, say the customer's company gets 50-100 calls per hour, does this fix would have a heavy load on the system? 

Note that the Hunt Pilots are already configured with a Forward Busy/Unasnwered to a Callback Script Trigger

YarinEzra_0-1681200370251.png

Yarin Ezra
Level 1
Level 1

Another larger view for the Screenshot Loop without CSQ.png