Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CER 11.5 Installation

F Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are in the process of installing Cisco CER 11.5 on UCS C240 M4 server. While going through the Cisco Emergency Responder Installation chapter under Cisco Emergency Responder Administration Guide for Release 11.5(1), it states the following:

---------------------------------------------------------

Install Emergency Responder Publisher

To install Emergency Responder, you install the Publisher (primary) first, then you install the Subscriber (backup) on a separate server. You must install Emergency Responder on separate servers from Cisco Unified Communications Manager or any Cisco Unified Communications applications.

---------------------------------------------------------

I am a bit confused on the above statement. Does it mean we can't co-host CER on any server that has any other UC application? Do we really need separate standalone C series servers with only one VM for CER Publisher and Subscribers each.

I have always seen CER being co-hosted on a server with other UC VMs. Can someone please clarify.

Really appreciate all your help.

TIA,

Furqan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure why it states that, it definitely is supported to be co-located with other cisco apps. See "Co-residency Policy" for CER in this document, which states "Full Support":

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/cisco-collaboration-virtualization.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure why it states that, it definitely is supported to be co-located with other cisco apps. See "Co-residency Policy" for CER in this document, which states "Full Support":

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/cisco-collaboration-virtualization.html

Hi Chris,

I was a bit puzzled myself after reading through it. Thanks for pointing out to the co-residency policy.

Thanks,

Furqan