Replies

Cisco Jabber for windows call control window issue

Pavel Herc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, 

I am facing following issue: 

The user uses the Jabber 4 windows version 11.6

when he wants t forward the number to the Reception he sees in the call control menu wrong  number 

( not valid yet). where should I check for the number ? ( I believe the numbers are taken from the Active directory contact data together with the description (Work, Mobile etc... ))

Has somebody seen such behavior ? 

I have checked the AD and the outlook contact cards but didn't found nothing yet there. 

We are using the LDAP synced users, and authentication. 

CUCM version is 11.5

Thanks in advance

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure what the problem is, exactly what number(s) are you expecting to see there??

You can use either CDI or UDS for contacts.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime, 

actually  User wants to see his current number Which is vissible in the Enduser page,

the number which he sees is wrong one but the description of the number is "Office". 

I have looked in the CUCM, and also in the AD and there is no such number which is visible in the  call control menu. 

Are those numbers imported from somewhere ? 

I know that it remembers the last number which you have used for the call forward but this number then has no description like Office or Work or so. 

So the question I have is from where it takes the the numbers ( on the screenshot the value WOrk:)

All the DNs and info you see for a contact come from your directory source.

HTH

java

Hmm thanks thats what I ha ve tought but we cannot find the wrong number in the contacts data.

Thats a bit weird for me in this case.

Are you sure you're not using UDS?

Have you looked at that user's profile in CUCM?

HTH

java

No We are using LDAP for importing the users and also for directory search.

On the enduser page are the proper contacts and this is the point which is interesting.

when the LDAP shows everything fine, and outlook also and I can see the proper values in the cucm on the user page then where it comes from the wrong number ?

Jaime,

Is there a way  i  cand find somewhere which information from LDAP are being sent to jabber so that it fills the "Office " with wrong number on the Cisco Jabber ?

The Jabber documentation in the directory integration section explains what are the defaults for the field mapping and the parameter reference guide contains how to modify the default mapping.

HTH

java