Helpful
Replies

cisco jabber MRA question

abd88elhak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i have cucm  and presence 10.5 and expressway X8.5 and cisco jabber 11.9 

the normal stituation when a user try to connect with cisco jabber throuh MRA must be connect locally first and accept cerificats of cucm and presence servers and then can connect on MRA

but now this senario not happend 

the only change made is i reainstalled presence server (because active disk 100%) and restored the databse 

so what should i do to  back to normal situation 

Best regards 

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A full DRS restore including the Platform should have restored the same server certificate. 

Does a client that has previously connected successfully get prompted with a new certificate warning when connecting on the internal network? It shouldn’t if the restore was done correctly.

Try a Refresh Server on Expressway-C to see if that cleans things up. A restart of Expressway-C/E might be worthwhile as well.

PS- The correct way to address this is installing CA-signed certificates so Jabber doesn’t prompt the user in the first place.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-presence/116917-technote-certificate-00.html

Hi jonathan

when deploying cisco jabber MRA  a user should connect first locally  and then from extern or can connect directly from extern by internet ?

i'm talking about a user new user configured

best Regards 

In current releases and when properly deployed a user can connect through MRA the first time. There are a few rare exceptions such as CAPF enrollment but the most common deployments do not need to connect over the internal network first.