Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Persistent Chat Administrator Privileges

Ivan Baric
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Support Community,

I have configured the Persistent Chat on the IM&P Server (10.5.2, "Publisher" and Subscriber), jabber-config and we can see the Persistent Chat tab in Jabber (Windows, 10.6.0).

The problem that we are facing is that it is not possible to assign Group Chat System Administrators, or better said, although there is the Administrator defined and the checkbox "Enable group chat system administrator privileges" is checked, all users can open a Persistent Chat room.

Also, in the "Group Chat and Persistent Chat Settings" the "Allow only group chat system administrators to create persistent chat rooms" checbox is selected. After the config of Persistant Chat, the XCP Router service was restarted. As it did not work as we wanted, I restarted both IM&P Servers.

Additional issues are that sometimes we see the System Server Aliases (together with our own/modified ones) when opening a new room, again ,although this setting is unchecked in the Peristent Chat configuration.

As there is not really much much that can be configured on the IM&P Server (3 pages), I can't find the reason why the settings that are configured are not applied.

Any help or info is most wellcome.

Kind regards,

Ivan

1 Reply 1

Ivan Baric
Level 1
Level 1

After a day or two we noticed that the Persistant Chat Admin rights are now valid and the correct aliases for the servers are shown in the list when a new chat room is being opened.

Guess it takes some time to start working :/