Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MediaSense Not Recording Outside Calls

Randy Calderon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

I was able to successfully install/configure Cisco MediaSense by following the "Cisco MediaSense User Guide, Release 10.5(1)". I am now in the testing phase wherein I am able to successfully record a call between an IP phone to another IP phone in the network. But when attempting to record a call where the calling/called party is outside, MediaSense is not able to record the call. I've attached a snip from the Search and Play UI.

You can see that the internal call from IP phone to IP phone generated a recorded audio file. However, calls wherein the other party is external, no recorded file is generated. You will also notice an exclamation point inside an orange triangle. I'm not sure what that means.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

-Randy C.

3 Replies 3

Randy Calderon
Level 1
Level 1

This issue was caused by a codec mismatch. Once all parties, caller, forking phone and MediaSense, started using the same codec, calls are now recorded.

I have the same issue but only with 7821 SIP Cisco Phone. How exactly did you fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

If someone have the same problem with SIP phones - it was solved.

Calls were indeed recorded - but CUCM incorrectly sent calling number headers of SIP-packets, so I couldn't find.

I changed the configuration of trunk to the Mediasense and it worked.

Trunk Configuration:

Outbound Calls --> Calling Line ID Presentation - Allowed