cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco message archiver problems

rvarela1223
Level 1
Level 1

Using cisco unity connection administration version: 9.1.2.10000-10.  Installed Cisco message archiver to assist users with pulling and archiving their voice mail messages.  Followed tutorial and installed just fine.  Open message archiver as myself (have all admin rights assigned in roles section of cisco unity connection administration).  Log in fine, get to point where I select messages to archive for a particular extension and the following errors are generated:

(error) while generating EML file.  For error details, please check the log file.  hit ok then I get this message:

Completed.  3 error(s) and 0 warning(s) encountered.  Review the log file now? hit yes and log file shows this:

================================================================
Running Message Archiver version:1.0.13
Remote Connection login name=rvarela
Local time=11/18/2015 12:09:00 PM
================================================================
**Search for '(error)' or '(warning)' strings in the log for problems**
[Thread 001], [15/11/18 12:09:06], User selection: Archive selected voice message for a particular subscriber.
[Thread 001], [15/11/18 12:09:16], Selected subscriber' alias: genvmbox-3pkira7860
[Thread 001], [15/11/18 12:09:20], Loading user data for currently selected user:genvmbox-3pkira7860
[Thread 001], [15/11/18 12:09:21],     Finished loading user data
[Thread 001], [15/11/18 12:09:21], Attaching to message database for currently selected user:genvmbox-3pkira7860
[Thread 001], [15/11/18 12:09:21],     Returned from database attachment
[Thread 001], [15/11/18 12:09:21], Updating message grid for :genvmbox-3pkira7860
[Thread 001], [15/11/18 12:09:21],     Finished updating message grid for currently selected user:genvmbox-3pkira7860
[Thread 007], [15/11/18 12:09:38], (error) Failed establishing IMAP connection in the ConnectionMessageBackupFunctions constructor:Failed to connect to Connection mailstore with super user IMAP access in AttachViaImap.  IMAP Client error=ChilkatLog:
  Login:
    DllDate: Aug  5 2012
    UnlockPrefix: LNDBRGIMAPMAILQ
    Username: NCB-DT-HKAYQN1:rvarela
    Architecture: Little Endian; 32-bit
    Language: .NET 4.0
    VerboseLogging: 0
    login: rvarela
    ConnectionType: Unencrypted TCP/IP
    ImapCmdSent: aaab LOGIN "rvarela"
    getCompleteResponse:
      ImapCmdResp: aaab NO Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
    --getCompleteResponse
    Failed to find OK line in response.
    Failed.
  --Login
--ChilkatLog

[Thread 007], [15/11/18 12:09:38], (error) creating new IMAP instance of the ConnectionMessageBackupFunctions class in GenerateEMLFileUsingIMAP on 'Select Message to Archive' page: Failed establishing IMAP connection in the ConnectionMessageBackupFunctions constructor:Failed to connect to Connection mailstore with super user IMAP access in AttachViaImap.  IMAP Client error=ChilkatLog:
  Login:
    DllDate: Aug  5 2012
    UnlockPrefix: LNDBRGIMAPMAILQ
    Username: NCB-DT-HKAYQN1:rvarela
    Architecture: Little Endian; 32-bit
    Language: .NET 4.0
    VerboseLogging: 0
    login: rvarela
    ConnectionType: Unencrypted TCP/IP
    ImapCmdSent: aaab LOGIN "rvarela"
    getCompleteResponse:
      ImapCmdResp: aaab NO Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
    --getCompleteResponse
    Failed to find OK line in response.
    Failed.
  --Login
--ChilkatLog

[Thread 001], [15/11/18 12:11:04], (error) while generating EML file. For error details, please check the log file.

Firewall allows imap tcp 7993 and the message archiver port of 20532, I also allow the program messagearchiver.exe thru.

Tried to log in with the admin account then I get the following note:  The current login user does not have mailboxes access delegate account role which is required for archiving voice messages. 

So I have the following questions:

1.  How to fix the errors I am encountering so I am able to archive user voice mails without an issue

2.  Where do I add the mailbox access delegate account role to the default admin as I cannot find the admin in cisco unity connection

Thanks

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, the tool is designed for admins to archive messages from select users, not for end users to archive their own messages - that's not it's purpose.

For the admin account in the CUCA web admin interface go to that user and in the Edit menu there's a section called "Roles" - you need to add the mailbox access delegate role to allow that account to log into other user's mailboxes.

The login errors are generated by the server - nothing can be done from the client to force it to like the login/PW - most often this is because the site is installed with unrestricted versions of Connection which don't allow secure IMAP connections required for this - there's a section in the help file titled "Using Message Archiver with Unrestricted Versions of Connection" that show how to use REST HTTP based interfaces instead of the default IMAP - slower but will work on both restricted and unrestricted installations of Connection.

If it's not restricted vs unrestricted I'd guess it's the non admin delegate rights at play.

Perhaps I wasn't clear.  I am the admin and my user account (rvarela) has all the admin roles assigned.  I also tried to log in with the adminstrator login which is successful but then the message I posted shows up. I was reviewing a previous post from a user having a similar issue as myself hence the reason  I logged in with the administrator account and got that message so that is why my 2nd question was how to set the admin account to add that role.  The only time we use the default admin account is when logging in via the cli with putty.  i will try the the "using message archiver with unrestricted versions of connection" and see if that resolves my issue. 

That did indeed resolve my issue by adding /use cumi command to the message archiver I was able to log in and grab the voice mails for the particular user needing them. 

Thanks

yeah, the restricted/unrestricted installs have burned a lot of folks - "unrestricted" sounds better so a lot of folks installed that without realizing it means regionaly unrestricted (i.e. without the fancy crypto libraries so it can go anywhere in the world) - which has some limitations. 

Most tools like COBRAS/Archiver and such have support for both IMAP and REST for that reason - glad you were able to get it working.

Hi rvarela1223,

Can you help me how to use the ./UseCUMI command to the message archiver?

Thanks,