Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RTMT unable to transfer scheduled Security Logs through SFTP

marco_81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i'm running CallManager 11.5 and i have to schedule transferring of logs from Publisher to some SFTP server. These are the steps to configure scheduling from RTMT:

System-->Trace&Log Central-->Schedule collection-->selected Tomcat Security Logs and Security Logs-->Start\End Date\frequency --> Download files.

Then i specified SFTP server parameters.

When i look inside SFTP server i can see two directories created: syslog and tomcat. In Tomcat directory i can see the log file transferred (named "security00010.txt"), but in Syslog directory nothing (the file inside should be named "secure").I tried transferring "secure" by using WINscp and it was successfully, to exclude SFTP server machine issue. It seems that the only difference between files is the extension. But why RTMT cannot transfer "secure" over SFTP? If i download "secure" manually from RTMT everything goes well.

thanks

regards

4 Replies 4

marco_81
Level 1
Level 1

Collecting Trace Collection Services this is the line of interest:

2018-02-27 17:35:01,949 DEBUG [TCTSvcPooledThrd#4] tctutil.SFTPLinuxScriptClient - SFTPLinuxScriptClient.checkSessionLog(): buffer=Couldn't open local file "secure" for reading: Permission denied.

Any idea about this?

Its interesting you can't collect it just for scheduled trace collection. can you set the os security to permissive, run "file get activelog /syslog/secure*" and try transferring the file to the same non-working SFTP server. If that's not working either please pull IPT platform CLI logs from RTMT and attach it here please.

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

yes it works by CLI.

I'd employ bash expect\send scripting and cron at this point. I'm posting update about RTMT behaviour if possible.

Thanks for lead me to CLI commands.

regards