Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Auto attendant Extension transfer if busy/un available

saleem pc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a query prior to implementation at customer, any help is appreciated.

We got CUCM&Unityconnection 10.x

We are configuring auto attendant. after the greeting the user will be asks to enter extension number. How the transfer will perform once the extension is dialed by the user, is it blind transfer without checking the device state ?.

what will happen if extension is un available or already on a call. can we make the transfer only if the user not busy  else move to next message (probably saying user busy) and keep in the queue

What if the dialed extension is invalid ?. is there any configuration option to move to next message (probably saying invlaid extension) keep in the queue

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to the user you're trying to transfer to and look at the transfer rules, what you see there, is what will happen. That is defined PER user.

As the default is release to switch, whatever call forward behavior is applicable for the called dn will be used. 

If you change to supervised transfer, you have the options you see in the page.

If you have not enabled transfer to DNs not associated with users or call handlers, you should get it's an invalid extension as it does not recognizes it within CUC's DNs, if you have enabled it, it will attempt the transfer (assuming your transfer rules allow it) as it doesn't know it's not valid

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks a lot Jaime.

I understand for My first query the supervisor transfer will help to see if the user(or extension) is busy/unavailable. what actions are possible if user busy can we transfer it to another call handler for further options. sorry to ask since the system is not with me now I cannot check.

for the second query

--If I have not enabled transfer to DNs - after playing invalid message can we transfer it to another call handler for further options ?.

--If I have enabled transfer to DNs. is there a way to evaluate dialled digits and if it matches then transfer to extension else forward to other call handler to play invlaid message ?