Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Service Framework - Lync Client timeout

David Santos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

after reading the configuration guide ( Configuring Client Computers for Cisco UC Integration for Microsoft Lync ) i just can´t make Cisco UC to start.I´m always seeing the same error in MS client Lync:

- "Timeout occured while starting Cisco Unified Client Services Framework. Please select retry"

So far what i have done:

a) disabled windows firewall and other similar services.

b) Uncheck the "Check for publisher's certificate revocation in the Security section in IE settings.

c) cucimoc.exe service is running.

d) The manual states that it should be an entry in the registry but i´ve confirmed that this entry IS NOT created in  "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Client Services Framework\AdminData"

i don´t know what else to do...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David,

My suggestion would be to look at the logs as they are pretty good, start with the core log.  Check out the install guide for troubslshooting help and log locations:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucimoc/8_5/english/installguide/troubleshooting.html

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming you reviewed your configuration of the device/user here is what I ran into few months back that matches your issue:

Bug “CSCth90767 CUCIMOC Login Fail when Windows Update KB979909 and KB976769v2 are installed. “

To Resolve
Go to Start – Run – and type “ncpa.cpl”
The network connections should be displayed
In the Toolbar there should be an “Advanced” Menu (On Windows 7 you may need to press Alt to see the toolbar)
In it choose “Remote Access Preferences” or “Dial-up Preferences”
Under the section “Enable autodial by location” untick every item

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

tnx for the quick reply but this didn´t resolved the issue and i don´t know want more to do.

is there a way for me to troubleshoot just the UC framework?

*edit*

i´ve also got another question for the audience . Why does cisco states the presence of [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Client Services Framework\] entry and I don´t see this in my laptop?

David,

My suggestion would be to look at the logs as they are pretty good, start with the core log.  Check out the install guide for troubslshooting help and log locations:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucimoc/8_5/english/installguide/troubleshooting.html

HTH,

Chris

I was trying to leave this for last.

I just found that it is absolutely necessary to insert the registry entry manually.