Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity 5 Exchange Issue

ryan_bell
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

This question is about how when an internal subscriber leaves a message for another subscriber and in Outlook, the message shows as from that subscriber's exchange mailbox ( "Message from John Smith (5000)" ) and external callers show up as from the Unity Messaging System ( "Message from an unidentifed caller (918005551212)" )

This all works fine on a single Unity server, though I have two Unity servers at two locations with on the same AD Domain. Both servers talk nicely together and all though when a subcriber from Unity A calls a subscriber at Unity B, the message shows up as Message from an unidentifed caller (5000)". Again both servers are on the same domain and it doesn't matter whether the subscribers are on the same Exchange mailstore or on seperate Exchange servers and mailstores. Is there a way to leave a message across Unity servers and have it understand who the message came from?

Thank you very much in advance.

-Ryan

4 Replies 4

A.M.Mahesh Babu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ryan,

Have you configured Digital Networking with Unity Servers?

If yes , then it is working as designed as per this guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/3x/administration/guide/301/SAG_0120.html#wp1059430

Thank you for the clairification. Do you know if there are any plans to change this?

Also I see that the guide you referenced is from Unity version 3, though I am running version 5. I do not see such a limitation stated in the Networking Guide for Cisco Unity Release 5.x. In fact it states this under Digital Networking overview:

"Identified subscriber messaging (ISM) works for  networked subscribers: subscribers who call and leave messages for  subscribers on other Cisco Unity servers in the dialing domain are  identified as subscribers."

And everything looks correct under the digital networking configuration.

Thank you,

Ryan

Ok it is in fact possible in Version 5 and up. The only piece I was  missing was the "Set Auto Attendant Search Scope" to 1 in the Advanced  Settings Tool.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/networking/guide/ex/5xcunet020e.html#wp1050511

Thanks for the help. That got me looking in the right place under the Networking Guide for 5.x