Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity 7: How to change the Caller System Transfer Voice Prompt

Hi Cisco Team,

May we know if possible to change the Caller System Transfer voice prompt? If yes, can we ask for a guide or docs for the procedures?

Thanks for your immediate reply/assistance.

Best Regards,

Ralph

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

we have changed prompts in Unity previously - as long as you know the file your replacing is the correct one. We renamed the existing one to xx.ENU.old and replaced it with our own recording - format of file should be the same.

Bear in mind this is not TAC supported and any upgrades or  rebuilds  will not manage this file i.e. it will get replaced with the original prompt. ....Jaginder

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume you mean the system prompt that says "please wait while I transfer your call..."? 

No, that's not a greeting that can be customized, it's a system prompt that part of the standard language pack (not editable). 

You can turn this prompt on and off on a per transfer rule basis but you can't turn it on and have it play something custom.

-J

Hi Lindborg,

Thanks for the reply. The system prompt is "Enter the number you wished to transfer to". The current voice prompt was succesfully changed by the previous engr. because we heard a male voice prompt which the default is female voice prompt. I had already checked the folder path

D:\Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\711\CSSystemTransferScript\ directory

...and I've found the wav files the cisco female voice prompt is there and the filename change starting with BACKUP. And the male voice prompt is there also and it was currently called by the system transfer config.

Can I change the voice prompt for this if I upload my own recording on this folder path?

Hope for your kind support.

Thank you and regards,

RJ

we have changed prompts in Unity previously - as long as you know the file your replacing is the correct one. We renamed the existing one to xx.ENU.old and replaced it with our own recording - format of file should be the same.

Bear in mind this is not TAC supported and any upgrades or  rebuilds  will not manage this file i.e. it will get replaced with the original prompt. ....Jaginder

Thanks for your kind and immediate support. The only way to change the system prompt is to upload the new wav file to the path/folder that I've said. Then the current prompt must be change to the different filename then the new uploaded wav file must be the same filename which is currently working. Correct me if I'm worng.

Thanks and best regards,

RJ

Thanks for the help Jaginder. We had successfully replaced the existing IVR of Caller System Transfer.

Best regards,

RJ