Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection Change "Wait till I transfer your call" file in Server

bienborcelis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco,

I have setup an IVR in the CUC, it is working as expected for transfers, greetings, callers inputs. Except that when calls are transferred, the usual "Wait till I transfer your call" is heard and after that there is no ring back or whatsoever for the caller to know atleast what is happening. The call is transferred successfully but the problem is, the "Wait till I transfer your call" is not enough. The customer wants it to be replaced by a custom voice with music. And unfortunately I cannot find a way to do it, or worst there is none in the CUC GUI. I was able to come across a forum in the past that has instructions where the CUC internal file can be renamed and replaced by a custom voice file to get rid of the "Wait till I transfer your call" tone. It appears that the forums went through some changes and that discussion cannot be searched via google anymore. So is there a way to replace that "Wait till I transfer your call" tone? Or atleast provide a ringback after that?

Regards,

Bien

1 Reply 1

Neil Sheridan
Level 1
Level 1

I remember the article you're referring to, and from memory, it required some hacking of root access to get to the files in question. I too have been looking to replace some of the built-in messages, no luck thus far. With regards to the "Wait while..." message, I turned it off.