cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection Default "Operator" Mailbox

dimple mujoo
Level 1
Level 1

This mailbox gets full as expected pretty fast so I clean that up occassionally or setup message aging policy.

But I want to know if I go under Greetings and enable"Hang up" option after the Greeting is played for standard as well as closed greeting will that work.It doesn't seem to be working for me. Messages are still coming through.

Please Advise

DM

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That will work for calls that hit the mailbox directly. It's also possible that there is a call handler with the Operator mailbox set as the message recipient. Check under the call handlers Edit > Message Settings menu.

Also, if memory serves, the operator mailbox is a member of the Undeliverable Messages distribution list. This DL should only receive messages if you have something misconfigured within the system (e.g. you didn't adjust the Opening Greeting after greeting action). It should always have at least one member so the messages can be recognized and routed to their appropriate destination until you fix it.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.