Views
Helpful
Replies

Click to call - install only outlook components/plug-in

Lukas Auer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I deploy click and call by using a software distribution system.
Installation works fine and so does configuration afterwards using the administrative template for Active Directory.
But how can I install only certain components of click to call? In this particular case I would like to only install the outlook plug-in/add-in, but not Word, Excel, Powerpoint, IE, Firefox.

As long as I run the click to call setup manually using the exe file, I get a screen where I can choose which components to install (see attached picture).
But how do I do this when installing automatically using software distribution and MSI file?

--- edit ---

In the meantime I even found the official reason why I do not want to install the office component:

Bug ID CSCsx17979 "Slowish MS Office when C2C installed"

I'm not sure whether disabling/not installing the office component solves all the problems, but it might increase Word/Excel performance.

Another possibility would be trying to set the log level to another value. Couldn't find any Cisco documentation on how to to this yet.

The clicktocall.exe.config file in program files directory includes the following part:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
  <log4net>
    <root>
      <level value="DEBUG"/>
      <appender-ref ref="RollingFile"/>
      <appender-ref ref="Debugger"/>
      <level value="DEBUG"/>
      <appender-ref ref="RollingFile"/>
    </root>
  </log4net>
</configuration>

So I would assume - according to http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/manual/introduction.html - that I could set the log level to a value like ERROR, FATAL or even OFF.

And that's what I'm going to try next.

---- edit end ---

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lukas.

Message was edited by: auer.lukas

1 Reply 1

Lukas Auer
Level 4
Level 4

Just wanted to post the latest news:

- setting the logging level to OFF doesn't improve the situation

- installing c2c first (logging level default) and then Office doesn't improve the situation

- installing c2c first (logging level OFF) and then Office doesn't improve the situation

Word freezes/gets really slow as soon as I open a document containing macros.

Anybody out there experiencing a similar problem/behavior?

Lukas