cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMBE 5000 8.6(1a) upgrade missing DRS component registrations?

Chad Elder
Level 1
Level 1

I first attempted to upgrade my Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition version 8.0.3.20000-2 installation to Business Edition 5000 version 8.6.1.20000-1.  This refresh upgrade failed and I performed a 8.0.3.20000-2 clean installation and restored from DRS backup.  I then was able to successfully upgrade to 8.6.1.20000-1.  However, when verifying DRS in the new version I noticed that the naming convention prefix of CCM had changed to UCM, and several previous DRS components were not available.

The following components are currently registered with my 8.6.1.20000-1 Disaster Recovery System:

UCM CDPAGT

UCM SYSLOGAGT

UCM TCT

UCM PLATFORM

UCM CLM

UCM CCMPREFS

UCM CCMDB

CDR_CAR CAR

CUC PLATFORM

CUC CLM

CONNECTION_DATABASE DATABASE

CONNECTION_GREETINGS_VOICENAMES GREETVN

CONNECTION_MESSAGES_UNITYMBXDB1 MESSAGES

The previous 8.0.3.20000-2 DRS components that are no longer available or registered under 8.6.1.20000-1 are as follows:

CCM ANN

CCM BAT

CCM CEF

CCM MOH

CCM REPORTER

CCM TFTP

I assume these missing component names should start with UCM under the new version, but they are missing altogether.  How can I make these components available under version 8.6.1.20000-1 so that I am backing up my environment fully?

1 Reply 1

Chad Elder
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to force the missing DRS components to register by logging into Cisco Unified Serviceability, choosing Service Activation, then manually deactivating and reactivating the following services:

Cisco Extended Functions (for UCM_CEF)
Cisco Tftp (for UCM_TFTP)
Cisco Bulk Provisioning Service (for UCM_BAT)
Cisco Serviceability Reporter (for UCM_REPORTER)
Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App (for UCM_MOH I believe)

One of those service reactivations also registered the missing UCM_ANN component to DRS, but I am not sure which service it was.