Views
Helpful
Replies

Codec Question

bojimenez
Level 1
Level 1

Boys;

I am SIP software installed on my CCM 5.1 (X-lite) for both MAC and Windows these have been successfully registered with the CCM but I have not been able to make calls rather than the public network or communicate with Cisco devices within the same LAN.
Please guide me to achieve robust communication in the company in which I work, I know I can be a codec problem but not what would be these or how to configure them.

Greetings.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Boris,

It does sound like a possible codec issue. My understanding is that X-Lite does not support G.729. If you had regions setup on UCM that forced the use of G.729 then you would find calls to/from X-Lite to other regions would fail. I also believe that UCM defaults the inter-region codec limit to G.729. So, check CUCM Service Parameters for the Call Manager service (search for the term "region") and also check your region configurations.

You can test the theory by putting X-Lite in a region with one other station and set that region to use G.711 for intra-region calls.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Boris,

It does sound like a possible codec issue. My understanding is that X-Lite does not support G.729. If you had regions setup on UCM that forced the use of G.729 then you would find calls to/from X-Lite to other regions would fail. I also believe that UCM defaults the inter-region codec limit to G.729. So, check CUCM Service Parameters for the Call Manager service (search for the term "region") and also check your region configurations.

You can test the theory by putting X-Lite in a region with one other station and set that region to use G.711 for intra-region calls.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Estimated precisely in the regions was the problem.
Create a new region giving the codec "Wideband" and I could communicate to the public network and cisco attachments without any problem. ESOT then adds it to the DP Annex SIP and no communication problems

Also in the GW branch add the following commands.

allow-connections h323 to sip
  allow-connections sip to h323
  allow-connections sip to sip

Your response is appreciated and I hope to serve my comment.

Greetings.