Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration of CUP server in CUCM

kilias
Level 4
Level 4

Dear All

I am trying to install a CUP server in my production environment but I am facing the following problem:

I am running BE6000 with CUCM version 10.5. About 3 months ago I made an unsuccessfull atempt to install

a CUP server (beiing in CUCM version 9.1) . However I did (back then) add a CUP server under CUCM Administration->System->Server but 

I did not note those credentials (hostname IP address etc). Now that I am trying to install a new version of the CUP server (under System->Server), the system won't let me producing the following error message :  Add failed. TypeDbErrors.IM_PRESENCE_APPSERVER_EXISTS

This server (the credentials from which I dont have) is not listed in the CUCM server list!

Is there a way to delete this entry on CUCM and to add a new one? The existance of that CUP server is preventing the installation of the new one (obviously with new credentials) due to the fact that the credentials of the stored one and the one I am trying to install do not match and does not validate to CUCM.

Thank you advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Execute the following commands in the CUCM CLI:

run sql ccm select * from AppServer

This command will give you the PKID of the presence server.

Once you have the PKID of the presence server, execute the following command to delete it:

run sql ccm delete from AppServer where pkid = "XXXXXX"

Just replace XXXXXX with the PKID you obtained from the first command.

If the above does not work, please open a TAC case.

Manish
- Do rate helpful posts -

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you check if IM&P server is added under System > Application Servers and try deleting it.

Manish

thanks it works for me. i had an CUP server in System/Application Servers ,and before deleting the "error" CUP server, i cannot add another subscriber to my CUCM Publisher !

kilias
Level 4
Level 4

Hello.

The CUP server is not listed under application servers and hence I cannot delete it. However when Iam trying to add another CUP server I cant

Add failed. TypeDbErrors.IM_PRESENCE_APPSERVER_EXISTS

Any Ideas?

Thank You

Execute the following commands in the CUCM CLI:

run sql ccm select * from AppServer

This command will give you the PKID of the presence server.

Once you have the PKID of the presence server, execute the following command to delete it:

run sql ccm delete from AppServer where pkid = "XXXXXX"

Just replace XXXXXX with the PKID you obtained from the first command.

If the above does not work, please open a TAC case.

Manish
- Do rate helpful posts -

Hello

That was really helpful thank you

This CLI command revealed the CUP server and then I could delete it and add the new one

Thank you