Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting to CUCM database using JDBC

laithabbas0
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am trying to build a custom web application that will allow employees to do some tasks without the need to access callManager admin page, such as managing directory numbers, speed dials, extension mobility....

I started by trying to compile and run the AXL-SOAP API using the WSDL provided but I was not able to get this working for some reason I keep getting an error "Unsupported endpoint address at: 10.1.21.1". After batteling with it, I was finally able to talk to the database using the axlsoaptoolkit.java file provided with the API, which I can use for my purposes however there would be noway to manage the database effecintly this way.

So I thought I'd just use JDBC to connect to the database and I can write my own API to do the necessary tasks and this way everything would be easily scalable later on. I downloaded the Informix JDBC driver from IBM but I am having a hard time finding the parameters needed to make the connection.

I am wondering if anybody got this working?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can ask this question on the developer forum, specially because you are talking about developing an API and this is something other developers might done already.

http://developer.cisco.com/web/events-community/forums

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

this is a dead end. The configuration database is not exposed to an external connection, and even if it was, you cannot just go and start overwriting tables.

The AXL API is a supported method, and it has been around for some time, so chances are you will be able to find something quickly, let it be a discussion forum or a packaged product.

G.

The API generated by the WSDL is not working for me, and I cannot find answers online about it. I am upgrading from 8.5 to 9.0 then I will recompile and see if this problem changes or not.

For now I got something working, and I can send SQL commands and get responses, I can even edit teh tables and add to them. The way its doing it is by encapsulating the SQL inside a SOAP envelope and tehn sends it to the AXL service.

Using this solution I can't use JDBC to do prepared statments or manage the database in a nice way.

Hi,

can you tell me what error messages did you get when trying to use the AXL API?

I don't really see the reason why you are sending raw SQL commands in the SOAP envelope. AXL is supposed to hide the database - so you are kind of "dumbing down" the whole reason why AXL was created: providing an administrative layer that works, regardless of database changes. I strongly recommend you to explore other ways.

For instance, you might want to load the WSDL into SoapUI - it will give you a nice, human readable overview of the available methods. It will also give you the ability of calling those methods and read the result (in an XML, of course).

Based on the term you used - JDBC - I assume you are using a JVM language (e.g. Java, Groovy, Jython) to talk to the AXL SOAP server. Java gives you very good tools to build a SOAP client, especially, with JAX-WS.

G.

Yes I am writing a Java application (J2EE), and I have it running in SoapUi just fine. I can't get the exact error mesasge now as I am upgrading the test lab to CUCM 9.0 hopefully this will fix it.

The error that I get starts as a warning exactly liek this one but with my information:

WARN  [2013-01-30 11:33:13,043]  com.sun.xml.internal.ws.wsdl.parser.RuntimeWSDLParser: Import of  file:/home/dave/projects/cucm-http-api/src/main/resources/cucm_schema/current/AXLSoap.xsd  is violation of BP 1.1 R2001. Proceeding with a warning.

11:33 daveking

R2001 A DESCRIPTION MUST only use the WSDL "import" statement to import another WSDL description.

and then it spits out an error becasue it caught WebServiceException and teh error is "Unsupported endpoint address at: 10.1.21.1"

http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/5/api/javax/xml/ws/WebServiceException.html