cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Could internet subscriber list in directory?

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

Customer has one unity and one third party voicemail server with one ccm cluster and one AD/one exchange for different users. They want to dial by name via the directory handler from unity for all the users including the ones in the third party server. One of the solution is adding all the third party server's subscriber on the unity, but this requires about 2000 more licenses. Is there any other way?

How about internet subscriber? Can they list in the directory?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes - internet subscribers can have extensions, voice names, transfer rules and they can be listed in the directory if you wish - they are like regular subscribers in all respects except they don't have a mailstore (and as such you can't log into the system either). But for what you want, they'll work fine.

That's excellent.I would like to extend this question further. Initially I want to use vpim to address messages between unity and third party vm server. Now because of this internet subscriber feature, can i just use this internet subscriber to address message to the other vm server(both are on same CCM cluster). For example, mailbox abc@cisco.com in the third party server, now I create this as an internet subscriber(smtp address is his mail address).Then I don't need vpim anymore.Does this make sense?

Thanks

It is possible that either one will work in your case, though understand that with Internet subscribers an email message is being sent and with VPIM networking a voice message is sent. It may be more a question of what functionality is needed. There are significant differences between using Internet subscribers and VPIM Networking; a brief description of the different networking options is available at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a0080449a43.html#wp1204102. And the rest of the networking guide provides further details on the features.